Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Too Much James Bond can make a guy sterile.

So the good old Encore has been running a load of James Bonds, (Sean Connery being my favorite, Pierce Brosnan being my least favorite based on incidents involving him and me at Sundance.) I have tried to watch as many as possible and those that I can not watch I record on the DVR. I have been thinking who I would like to see as a Bond girl, and of course the obvious ones came to mind, the Elizabeth Hurleys, or the Liv Tylers. Then I thought there are a lot of gals out there who you would never think of as Bond girls who would do great.
The first one I thought about was Minnie Driver. How great would she be? The curly hair blowing in the wind as she jumped from second story window onto the back of an moving motorcycle, piloted by James Bond. The second one I thought about was Shelly Long. She could add some good humor to the Bond series, cause lets faca it the humor is kind of stupid.
The third lady I thought might make a great Bond girl was Kirsten Dunst, no particular reason, I have just had a thing going for her the last little while.

8 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Ditto on the above 2 comments: Shelly Long??
thumbs up on Minnie and Kirsten. I'm glad you mentioned Liv Tyler and Kirsten Dunst because I have always felt I have a connection with them for some reason. However, I think Kirsten could only pull it off were the new James Bond to come around. Pierce is just too old for her. He is in his 50s and she is what? 21? 22? Sick. 30+ years is unacceptable. Maybe if Colin Farrell really comes thru as the new James Bond it might work. He keeps denying that he will do it, but I don't buy it.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Rebecca would play that part pretty well....

7:44 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh Anonymous… you make me blush.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Mika said...

Shelley Long? I don't see it on that one at all, but maybe a good choice would be Rhea Pearlman.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I keep waiting and waiting for the weekly 24 post and commentary...

10:36 AM  
Blogger M.A. said...

I think Minnie Driver would be great- but then again I've always liked her.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Shelley Long: it's a total Cheers thing. I used to love her, too. I will not judge your desire for her to be a bond girl.

4:17 PM  
Blogger HOO said...

I so love that you said Shelley Long. I got a great big belly laugh out of that one. That's so something you would say. You make me happy, CBH.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home