Monday, January 17, 2005

I cried during My Girl

I am kind of a sensitive guy, I cried during My Girl, not that I really care if the little kid died, I just did, because he did die. I am always feeling bad about things. Like the time that my friend Matthew and I went skiing and he broke his leg. I felt guilty about that, like it was my fault he could not ski for crap. Then there was the time that my mom and I went to Taco Bell in her BRAND NEW mini-van, and we pulled into the drive up window. I decided at the last minute that I wanted to go to the counter and order, so she tried to back up, and drove off the retaining wall that separated it from the old bowling ally across from PHS. I felt so bad, that I ran about 8 blocks to our neighbor’s car shop to get him for my mom, to help get the van off the wall. Was it my fault? I doubt it, but I still felt like it was, I felt like it was my fault that my mom, though being a great pork chop cooker, could not drive to save herself.

I hate the guilt feeling. I hate confrontation. I am a lover of peace, and a hater of anger. Some may say that I have a sweet spirit, call it what you want, I am sensitive. So imagine how distraught I was at reading a comment from Mr Faulconer questioning the length of my last blog. I do not like long blogs. It usually takes 2 or 3 sittings for me to get through them, or I have to print them off and take them to the bathroom, but I can not mention that because everyone gets grossed out. I felt like I had to make the blog long because I could see no way to explain what happened at the Wienerschnizl in a short blog. So I am hurt, and I am demanding a public blog apology from Mr Faulconer, a well know blog lurker!

PS Anyone in Provo is welcome to come to the FHE dinner tonight to welcome Sarah into town. I am thinking Los Hermanos in Provo at 7 PM. Just leave a comment and I will get back to you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Cameron. I am glad you care about piece. Piece is important. I am eating a piece of bread while I write this... it is very yummy.

Well PEACE out dude.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Funny how you changed your blog... I think you owe a certain Ms. Faulconer an apology.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I think everyone with a soul cried in My Girl. Have fun at Los Hermanos with Sarah! I'll be missing the blogging fun while driving up to Logan.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Things I related to in this post:
1. feeling guilty when it's not your fault.
2. hating confrontation
3. delicious-pork-chop-making moms

I still feel guilty that my mom hocked a gold watch to buy me some pork chops for a fake prom in our house with my boyfriend in high school, even though I never asked her to. But I must get it from her, because she still apologizes for because one night she dropped a grilled cheese sandwich on the ground that I brought her from my high school car hop job at Sonic.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Carrie Ann said...

I take issue with a few things you said in this post! How dare you...No really, I'm just kidding. It was totally funny, but since I am an older sibling and can reason myself out of most things that cause guilt I can't resist teasing... cry baby.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

CA: I demand an apology from you too.
Becky: I really did cry during my girl, and I would be lying if I said I don't cry now and again.
As to the 24 post, I was out to dinner last night with Sarah, so I missed it, HOWEVER, I did program the DVR to record all episodes of it, its just sitting there waiting for me to watch, I will try to get to it tonight.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

Cameron,
I watched 24 last night (for the first time ever) only because you have mentioned how great it is in your posts ...and because it was Monday night and the only other thing on was SuperNanny. Very pleased. My favorite part was the emotional decision....oh, wait...you haven't seen it yet. I'll hold that comment. Thanks for introducing me to 24!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

So I finally watched it last night, wasn't the best hour this year, but still pretty good, I had the Middle Eastern mom, she shot his girlfriend after having already killed her. thats just not right

11:08 AM  
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

The part that (almost) had me in tears was when the dad and daughter (being held hostage) decided to commit suidide instead of appear in the hostage video.

The mom shooting the girlfriend was pretty disturbing, too.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Christian F said...

Public apology? I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home