Thursday, January 27, 2005

My Toilet room change of heart

I used to be a huge fan and supporter of the toilet partitions that went all the way to the floor. But after a recent incident which I will not go into, I decided that maybe I need to relook things over in regards to the floor length partitions. The thought has come to my head, (we have seen it in movies time and time again), what if I fell and hit my head on the toilet? I would be laying there in the toilet compartment, on the floor and no one could see me. It could be hours before a cleaning crew came in and discovered my bloody body, laying in the mess that is a public restroom floor. And what if I fell and hit my head on the flush lever, fell to the ground unconscious, and the toilet clogged up while flushing? I would lay there in the poopy toilet water and the no one could see my body because of the floor length walls.

I used to think the privacy afford a full length toilet compartment was well worth any other problems created by it. But after the “incident” and the following thoughts that came with it, I have to say no to the toilet partitions. I want to stick with old powder coated metal partitions. With all the joyous etchings that are sure to some with them. I just wish they could do something about that crack that everyone peaks through to see if anyone is in there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

Did this "incident" involve
a) Cameron running out of TP and asking the person next door to loan him some?
b) Cameron slipping and hitting his head on the toilet, and, luckily, someone spotting his body and rescuing him?
c) Cameron needing to plug in his laptop to blog on the toilet and not being able to do it because of those floor-length partitions?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad you wrote this toilet blog because I have a bathroom story I can add here that I've been wanting to blog about, but have been scared to put out there for fear of being "that girl who wrote a blog about the bathroom."

Anyway, I'm also grateful for the non-floor length petitions. It seems that whenever I head to the bathroom at work (Our bathrooms are in the hallway and shared by all the businesses on our floor), there is a woman in there, always in the very first stall making strange noises. Not "Bathroom" noises, but noises like she is holding her breath and then letting it all out at once, very heavily. V. heavily. It reminds me of a bull. She also does a lot of monster-like and witchy moaning. My first instinct was to ask her if she was okay.

I later found out she does this a lot. I have heard her in there on many occasions and finally confronted a co-worker about it and she knew exactly who I was talking about. Anyway, I'll admit I've peaked under the partition to see her shoes so I could track her down and figure her out. And I did. So thanks to the short petitions, I now recognize the Beast and know who it is I need to avoid.

Sorry for such a long comment...It probably should be my own separate blog. But thanks for presenting a comfortable bathroom discussion environment for me to share. I am also v. curious about the "incident." Are you just trying to be mysterious?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

Marcy: I aim to please! Thank you for sharing. There is always room for bathroom stories and 24 comments on my blog!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

PS Carly, would you believe me if I said it was a mixture of b and c?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie Ann said...

Thank you for providing this open forum to discuss bathroom stalls. My favorite, and least favorite bathroom stalls are in the Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel, MX. I like them because they are the floor to ceiling variety. I also like them because the partitions are made of this lovely reddish marble native to the region. I don't like them because you have to go upstairs from the street to reach the restaurant, and they you have to go upstairs AGAIN to reach the rest rooms. The most annoying property of the bathrooms is the size of the stall. Luckily for you, Cameron, they are SO SMALL that even if you fainted without hitting your head, you would never make it to the floor. Your body would jam between the doors and the walls. You have to straddle the toilet to open or close the door. So if you were sitting there for a while (blogging or something) and you just fell asleep, your head would just rest comfortably on the door in front of you. Nice huh...

11:10 PM  
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

All I have to say is that there is nothing funny/entertaining about public bathrooms once you've gone through pott-training a child.

Ok, my favorite story is about the girl in the stall next to my sister in the Brimhall building (a very "cozy", intimate-type bathroom) who s-t-r-a-i-n-e-d out loud for several minutes.

No, that is my second favorite...my first favorite is the old lady in the public restroom who exclaimed to no one in particular, "Corn?! When did I eat CORN?" It's as quotable as most of Tommy Boy.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home