Sunday, October 31, 2004

Single Adults

OK, so I made a huge mistake tonight. I went to a 30's and over single adult fireside, and was about to shoot my brains out. I have discovered that being in those dastardly 30 something years you are a social outcast when it comes to "Single Adults". You have the fun 19-31 year olds, and then you have the over 40 group, some divorced, some never married. It's those of us in the middle that are the forgotten group. If we go to the younger group they feel freaked out because the old weird guys are there, and yet, I have no desire to go to a church party that is designed around making a 50 year old lady who never got married feel good about herself. This is why I have satellite TV, so I kill the time till I need the reassuring activities of the over 40 crowd. Point of the story? Don't go to a fireside for 30 year olds and over, and if you do, and are sitting in the foyer don't go in because you feel guilty that the speaker has taken his time to prepare something and there are only a few people in the room. There’s a reason there is only a few people.
At least I was smart enough to start the DVR on the X Files movie.

P.S. How many frequent flyer miles do you think the smoking man gets every year?
P.P.S Still no heat and its now 29 degrees outside!! I am getting pissed now.

9 Comments:

Blogger kacy faulconer said...

Your post saddens me.
Also: Man, I miss the X-files.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

No sympathy please, just letting everyone know, DON'T GO TO OVER 30's SINGLE ADULTS activities.

Did you happen to see the X-Files Marathon last night? They ran them all day on WGN, thats why I love Chicago!
Its was pretty cool, then to cap it off, the X-Files Movie on Fox. Hell-a-cool. The X-Files marathon were olders ones, ones I had not seen in many a moon. I liked it

10:36 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hey... there is nothing wrong with being a divorcee!

I wonder how you could get out of being invited to 'singles' events? Ideas anyone?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

What are you doing going to a singles party if you have a girlfriend? Did Megan know about this?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

Ted, I have a pretty progressive relationship, I can go to all the singles activities I want, and I can hit on all the ladies I like. Even if they are old

7:27 PM  
Blogger Christian F said...

Are you getting some form of credit on your rent? Do you need to come spend the night at our house?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

I sure hope so!!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home