Sunday, October 24, 2004

Man I hate my apartment!!!!

So I am one of those nerdy guys who have multiple watches with altimeters, and thermometers, and compasses etc. on them. I have always wondered about the point of the thermometer. It sits on your wrist, under your coat and gives you a very accurate reading of how warm your wrist is. Not to helpful for the real purpose of knowing how warm or cold the air is. Well one of my watches it sitting on my desk and I am looking at the actual air temperature of 45 degrees. Funny cause weather.com shows the air temperature outside as 43 degrees. Let me tell you why my crappy apartment is so cold. I HAVE NO FURNANCE. I realized that the dunb thing has not been working for a couple of days. I stayed at my parents last night, so I did not notice it till today after church. Now I am freezing. Being a construction management graduate, I have always been the guy who gets called to come fix everything in the girls apartments, and by most of my friends, so when I actually went to the management and told them it was dead this afternoon, I meant it was dead. SO the manager comes over and lights my pilot this afternoon and it runs as I told them it would for about 2 minutes then died. Now I am sitting here in the cold freezing my arse off. This place really sucks! My car has been broken into, its had the a big “F*%K You scratched into the hood, my truck has been broken into, and it has had the gas stolen out of it. Most of my neighbors cars have been broken into, and they catch kids stealing stuff all the time! So I wonder if not having heat gives me the right to break the contract? Any lawyers out there have any advice, because I am cold. (For those who do not know me, I have worked at a ski resort about 15 years of my life, and have been around there most of my life. I am used to the cold, I am not just complaining, its really cold. Plus lets face it, I have let myself go to pot, so I have plenty of insulation.)

Well I am going to get into bed now and I hope my apartment does not get so cold that the pipes freeze!

PS I went to a Family History class today, and they were talking about keeping a journal for your descendents. Then some lady said that you could get online and keep a blog instead of a journal for your posterity, and all I could think of was if this is how my posterity comes to know me, they are screwed!

3 Comments:

Blogger kacy faulconer said...

You go to bed and 8:30? and How did you know gas was stolen out of your truck--you keep a mileage notebook, don't you! Nerd and Nerd.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

As a responsible employee I like to get to bed early so I can wake up fresh and chipper for my co-workers! I filled my truck up 2 miles from my house, then I noticed in the morning the tank was empty.

5:07 AM  
Blogger kacy faulconer said...

You were able to tell me that because you consulted your mileage diary first, didn't you! It's ok. I keep a log of the books I read.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home