Tuesday, October 26, 2004

My complete indifference to life comes from watching to much Smurfs as a child

I am fairly indifferent to life. I call it easy going others call is apathetic . There just is not a lot I let affect me, (except ATT Wireless, Wells Rip off Fargo, and IHC). Life is just too short, and too good to worry about those little things. I think this attitude comes from watching the Smurfs, clear to the age of 14. Think about it, all the smurfs had to worry about was Gargamel and Azrael. Every week it was the same old same old, Gargamel would scheme up some crazy plan to catch himself some smurfs under the pretense that smurf soup was good. Of course back at the smurf village there would be some smurf who felt unloved and they would leave the fold, and Gargamel would catch them, then all the other smurfs would rally under the watchful eye and beard of papa smurf. Of course a daring rescue would ensue, and the wayward smurf would be saved, and then they would feel of the love that the others smurfs had for them, and they would want to be a smurf again. So week after week, I watched Smurfs run off, and the get rescued, (AND NONE EVER GOT DOWN WITH SMURFETTE). How can you have 20-30 Male Smurfs hanging out together and not trying to hook up with her? I think what was happening was when the cameras were not running, they were helping themselves to a little bit of the mushroom house. But back to my original thoughts. The Smurfs had to know that they could venture into the woods, get caught by Gargamel and still not get eaten. So that little lesson was burned on my mind. No matter what happens in life, I will all get rescued from Gargamel! Of course I am not worried about not making it out of the grasp of Gargamel because I always thought that one day he would grab himself a Smurf, hopefully brainy smurf and not handy smurf, who incidentally inspired me to go into construction management, and make himself some Smurf Stew and find out that smurf meat sucks. (Please do not tell my mom I used the suck word, for some reason it is the vilest word for her generation). So that’s why I am so indifferent to life. I was taught by the Smurfs everything always works out. And if it does not then someone is going to find out that smurf meat really sucks.
That’s why Method man says keep it real with me…..

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian F said...

I can't believe there are no comments to this entry. Interesting perspective. So where is Papa Smurf now that your heat is off?

7:13 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

He's at home in his nice warm mushroom house, not worried about the likes of me. Maybe the reason none of the Smurfs ever hit on Smurfette was because her and Papa Smurf were, well....

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home